Why Choose Akana Enterprise API Platform?
As businesses look to further connect with their partners and customers, strength in API management is increasingly part of the digital transformation.
The Akana Enterprise API Platform provides an end-to-end API management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs.
Ranked by Forrester as a leader in API management, and the top vendor for API security, Akana offers a comprehensive set of tools to drive growth in your business.
Intuitive Design Tools
What Makes Up Akana’s API Management Tools?
Key Features of Akana Enterprise API Platform
- API Security
- API Design
- Traffic Management
- Mediation & Integration
- Developer Portal
- API Analytics
- Lifecycle Management
Leverage the latest in security standards to keep your APIs and sensitive data protected.
- Supports all industry standards for authentication, authorization, data privacy, attack prevention, and non-repudiation.
- Comprehensive OAuth provider and client – create an OAuth authorization server to manage access rights.
- Satisfy emerging regulations.
- Fewer points of exposure or failure.
- Less risk of data breach leading to brand damage and litigation.
Design modern, well-structured APIs with a polylingual graphical tool.
- Use a graphical tool to design your API from scratch.
- Import and export in the API descriptor language of your choice -- allowing developers to publish, and the developer community to consume, in the language they prefer.
- Integrated lifecycle management – reduces manual effort and increases accuracy.
Protect against abuse and control the flow of traffic through APIs with a rich set of routing and Quality of Service capabilities.
- Integrated Portal allows developers and administrators to view and manage their own traffic, facilitating easy troubleshooting and analysis.
- Consistently apply quotas for API consumers to ensure compliance with SLAs.
- Global Traffic Management – deploy API endpoints globally using our GTM solution to route traffic to the closest endpoint.
Mediation & Integration
Seamless mediation capabilities allow you to create modern, well-structured APIs from legacy assets with ease.
- SOAP to REST – quickly and easily take existing SOAP services and generate REST/JSON APIs.
- Security Policy – seamlessly manage the mediation between security policies, e.g. creating a REST/JSON API using OAuth from a SOAP Service with sophisticated WS-Security policies.
- Orchestration – create APIs from scratch, or by integrating multiple services together with a graphical process designer.
- Transformation – map content from one object type to another with both declarative (XML<->JSON) and prescriptive (XSL-T, FreeMarker) models.
Turnkey developer portal provides a social platform for API developers and consumers.
- Ideally suited to connect with different audiences.
- Internal – quickly deploy a turnkey, customizable, and brandable portal catering to the needs of both API and App Developers within the organization.
- B2B – leverage the integrated role-based access control (RBAC) to quickly enable an effective partner community where internal API Developers interact directly with external App developers.
- Consumer – API development happens internally using the turnkey default theme, and external developers are supported via a range of models.
Understand the impact of your programs with a powerful analytics engine.
- Operational Analytics – ensure operational excellence of your API infrastructure to keep your APIs running efficiently through the entire lifecycle.
- Developer Analytics – track how developers are using your APIs, which packages, versions and offers they use the most, and gain valuable insights into how you can improve your API programs.
- Business Analytics – maximize revenue by gaining actionable insights into your customers and partners.
Automate API deployment to ensure consistency through all stages.
- Maintain stability, reliability, and availability in a constantly changing digital environment.
- Asset Version Control – fully customizable workflow for APIs, Apps, and other assets.
- DevOps Automation – deep integration with common development tools such as Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub, etc., to enable agile processes while retaining control.
- Asset Relationship Visualization – visualize how assets relate to each other to fully understand the potential impact of any change or issue.
Akana provides support for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid environments, preventing getting stuck on a platform that doesn't support changes in your business or strategy.
- Cloud: A global, on-demand, multi-tenant infrastructure offered as SaaS. Fully managed so you never have to worry about any of the normal concerns with running your own infrastructure.
- On-Premises: Proven track record as the on-premises platform of choice for large enterprises, with ease of installation and upgrade a major advantage.
- Hybrid: The best of both worlds with APIs running either on-premises or as an AWS AMI, all managed through a central developer portal.
Over 18 Years of API Management Leadership
Leaders across all industries trust their API security to Akana
Start your 30-day trial of the most secure solution for creating and publishing your APIs.
Get an expert review of your API strategy.
Have Questions About Akana?
Our team of experts is here to help!