Akana Recognized Among Best API Management Tools
SoftwareTestingHelp.com lists Akana in “API Management Tools That You Need to Know in 2019”
Technology blog SoftwareTestingHelp.com, self-proclaimed as “one of the most popular blogs focusing on Software Testing and Quality Assurance topics," recently ranked the Akana enterprise solution among the best tools for API management.
What Analysts Are Saying About Akana
In the recent blog post “Top 10 Best API Management Tools With Feature Comparison”, the author rated the top commercial and free open source APIM tools.
The Verdict: Akana was rated as the best platform for lifecycle management tools, and recommended for enterprise-sized businesses.
This ranks Akana ahead of competing API management vendors from prominent names such as:
• Salesforce / Mulesoft Anypoint
• Microsoft Azure
• Dell Boomi
• CA Technologies / Broadcom
• Oracle SOA
• Axway Amplify
While criteria for the site’s analysis isn’t explicitly defined, the site states “For making the best utilization of API, there should be proper documentation, increased level of security, thorough testing, regular versioning, high reliability, etc.”
SoftwareTestingHelp.com particularly cites Akana as the “best lifecycle management tool.” This capability is important for managing the complete process of strategy, development, deployment, versioning, and retirement of APIs. It manages APIs in their entirety, allowing them to change as environments and business needs change, while still maintaining underlying interdependencies.
The author also calls attention to the following features:
- Developer Portal: Also referred to as an API Portal, the Akana Developer Portal enables API developers and consumers to connect in a collaborative market, creating a partner ecosystem.
- Lifecycle Manager: As mentioned above, API Lifecycle Management ensures stability and reliability through all stages and environments of the software development lifecycle (SDLC). The Akana platform includes checks and balances to secure not just APIs, but also the promotion process itself.
- Traffic Management: Apply quotas, enforce SLAs, and control and route traffic with Akana’s robust Traffic Management capabilities.
- Application Security: Authentication, message security, and threat protection in Akana’s API Security solution detect vulnerabilities in the code or during run-time.
- Open-Source Support: Available in on-premise, SaaS, and hybrid deployment, the Akana API Management Platform fits into your existing architecture and is customizable and scalable to your needs.
The blog also refers to Akana as being best suited for enterprise clients. New offerings, such as the Akana QuickStart package, have made it easier to quickly implement the full-featured SaaS platform without the price or footprint.
Ready to find a package that fits your needs?
Want to see for yourself why Akana is recognized as a leader in API management tools?
Request a demo from our team of API experts and see the platform in action.
Other Acclaim for Akana
This news follows last year’s recognition from Forrester, in which Akana was rated a leader in API management. In the 2018 Forrester Wave: API Management Solutions report, Akana received a perfect score for its API Portal and API security (the only recipient of a perfect score for the latter category).
“Akana has particularly strong API security and policy capabilities and good breadth across most all of our evaluation criteria. Its API user portal is among the most configurable and extensible.”